Rich Dad Poor Dad is about Robert Kiyosaki and his two dads—his real father (poor dad) and the father of his best friend (rich dad)—and the ways in which both men shaped his thoughts about money and investing. You don’t need to earn a high income to be rich. Rich people make money work for them.
- The poor and the middle-class work for money. The rich have money work for them.
- It’s not how much money you make that matters. It’s how much money you keep.
- Rich people acquire assets. The poor and middle class acquire liabilities that they think are assets.
- Financial aptitude is what you do with money once you make it, how you keep people from taking it from you, how to keep it longer, and how you make money work hard for you.
- The single most powerful asset we all have is our mind.